Re: Grose Jets

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:59:09 -0500
stay stock, ....not just for the reason of being stock...
a rubber seal lip on the stock jets is better than a metal to metal seal
of ANY shape
If they were really any good, Moss wouldn't be pushing them so hard
 in their catalogs, and every shop would put them in when rebuilding.
they're not bad, but not neccessarily any better than stock
Plus I have heard of some situations where the Gross jet is a
slightly different length than stock (depends on the carb)
which would alter your float height requirements, thus altering the
level of the fuel within the jet tube

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm