I won't advertise...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I won't advertise...
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:07:42 -0400
Hi listers...

I'm not sure I understand list protocol on these matters, so to be safe I'm
not going to even mention that my BRG '67 B tourer is reluctantly for sale.

I won't mention that this is a nice "20-footer" - perhaps not rust-free but
no visible rust.  Not a word about the attractive, although incorrect,
white interior with recent black carpet.

Nothing about the enginebeing a little long in the tooth - oil pressure
runs about 45# hot, and I have to add a little oil every once-in-awhile.
Too bad I can't mention, though, that this baby really runs great -
certainly faster than my (rebuilt) 18V-block cars. ' Love the taut 3-sync
and new clutch.  Geeeze it's fun.  But I won't say a word about the front
shocks that really should be replaced.   Too bad I can't mention the new
tires on wire wheels.

Did I  mention that all the  electrical stuff on the car works?  Ooops...
shhhhh...

I think a metal-dash CB car in this condition is worth $3500.  Well, maybe
a little less...
' Don't find many Bs at all, let alone metal-dash cars, this rust-free in
this part of the world.

If I sell this car, I'll probably never forgive myself.  But a guy can't
keep everything.  I have a better car to show, and a less vulnerable
rubber-bumpered job to handle the daily commuting.  ' Did drive it daily
for about 3 months last fall (40 miles per day) while the '76 got some new
quarter panels - but now it needs a new purpose.

Car is about 2 hours from Bristol Tennessee, 4 hours from DC,  about 3
hours from Greensboro NC, and about 45 minutes out of Roanoke VA.

If you're not interested, I'm the guy you wouldn't e-mail at
<bachldrs@swva.net>  for more info.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs