Re: Fill it up -'77MGB

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Fill it up -'77MGB
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:05:29 -0600
Bud,

  Wisecracks?  Moi?  Perish the thought!

  Could it "B" that the filler vent is clogged?  It may not have one,
what with all that vapor recovery stuff they hung on the engine.  I'd
have a look at the tank venting if it's regurgitating fuel up the filler
pipe.  The air that the ingoing fuel displaces in the tank has to go
somewhere.  If it can't get out the vent, it's going to go up the filler
pipe.

  CR

P. S.,  I just remembered a car (don't remember which) that I replaced
the rubber filler parts on.  There was a hose within a hose,
essentially, with the metal restrictor attached to the inner hose.  The
restrictor had holes in it to vent to the outer hose which vented to the
atmosphere.  Just one way of doing it....