one more ? on tube shock conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: one more ? on tube shock conversion
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:08:42 -0500 (EST)
I completed the rear tube shock conversion yesterday on my 74 B.  Along with a
back brake rebuild, seals and some new hydraulic lines.   Have not had a chance
to test it yet.

My question is: I tightened the bolts tight on the bottom and top shock mounts.
Is there enough interanl give in the mounts to allow the shock to pivot as the
axle goes up and down?

It has been a long time since I changed a shock, but I seem to remember the
shock being able to pivot on the mounting bolts.

I'd like some opinions before I take the car out and do any damage to the
shocks or car.