Re: Cruise Control

To: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cruise Control
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:50:38 -0500
I put in the  AudioVox form PEP BOYS  and it works great
The control knob I picked ... when the shaft was cut off
it slipped right over hte original signal lever after being cut off
you barely even notice it unless you know MGs didn't have it stock
I mounted the vac unit next to the washer bottle ,...the control cable for
the throttle
is long enough to reach around the back of the engine and over
to the throttle linkage.
The bolt that holds throttle cable stop to the heat shield was removed
and the CC cable now parrallels the original throttle cable
if you loo closely enough at the picture at the bottom of the page
 http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/twinmgbgts/polishedcarbs.htm
you can see two cables where the throttle cable is
 give me a day or two and I'll post a better photo of the engine
so you can see the throttle linkages and mounts beter.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm