HS4 Fuel Bowl floats

To: mgsautoxteamnet <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS4 Fuel Bowl floats
From: Chris and Jodi Barnhart <barnhart@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 20:32:22 -0800
Hi all,

Anyone have experience with the one piece nylon fuel floats.  Obviously,
they're not adjustable, so how does one get needle valve adjustment?
I'm in process of rebuilding the carbs to get the car running. It hasn't
run in 8 years so I don't know if the floats were working correctly
before or not. Seems like the needle starts to seat at 1/8 inch, per the
spec, but the float goes on to rest on the float bowl lid.

Ideas I had:

 Pack out the needle valve seat with a flat washer (0 cost)
 Order new adjustable floats ($16 investment)
 Not worry about it (Also, no cost)

Thoughts?

Chris