Engine overhaul

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine overhaul
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:32:32 -0500
While my MGB is apart, I decided that it would be a good idea to replace
all the leaks in the engine.  While I have it all opened up, is there
anything in particular I should check out?  The engine doesn't have too
many miles on it, since the car has only 91K, and it's not the original
motor. It ran fine, except for running a little rich because of the worn
out carbs, so I don't plan on doing a complete rebuild.  So far, the only
noticable wear I've found is on the timing chain tensioner.  There are some
deposits on the valves and head, so I'll send it out and have it cleaned
and checked.  Any weaknesses in this engine I should know about before I
button it back up?

Calvin Krug