Re: MG driveability

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: MG driveability
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:40:03 EST
In a message dated 3/7/99 10:03:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
william.eastman@medtronic.com writes:

<< You run a Weber as well, do you not?
 Again this is a variance from typical tuning.  Now both of these statement
 are from my, admittedly foggy OF memory so if I am wrong feel free to
 correct me.  One last thing, if you have a functioning catalyctic
 converter, the car should pass emissions as long as you are not tuned too >>
Bill...I live at 5280 ft above sealevel..I drive all 4 of my MG-B's..one,my
1976 has a weber,with non functioning cat(it is hollow)..It is tuned a half a
jet too lean on the primary fueljet..I need a 1,65 jet to get it very correct.
     My 1974 roadster and my 1974 Gt both have the HIF -SU set up and all of
the smog equipment that they came with..Both of them run pretty rich..They do
pass the colorado emmisions test though..
     My wifes' 1977 Roadster is equipped with a non adjustable Z_S carb,and
all the rest of the emmision stuff..but, again, her cat is hollow.  The 1977
has 238,000 miles on it...rebuilt by me 48,000 miles ago.
     My 1976 roadster has 204,000 miles on it..rebuilt 14,600 miles ago..Both
of my 1974 's have well over 140,000 miles on them...All pass the colorado
emmisions test...and all but the 1976,which is a little lean, run very well
indeed..
     I stand on what i said earlier..Proper engine, proper specification,good
running B...AND I have had all 4 of my B's to sealevel, where they seem to
gain about 15% in power everywhere.
     I guess i don't have much experience with ratty running MG-B's..Maybe
someday i will be able to find one and gain some more experience with my
favorite marque.
yours, H4(Howard)