Re: Experiences with aluminum MGB cylinder heads?

To: felix_wong@alumni.stanford.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Experiences with aluminum MGB cylinder heads?
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:18:19 EST
felix_wong@alumni.stanford.org writes:

<<  esp. interested in what are the drawbacks of such a head; e.g., a
 friend of mine speculated that aluminum heads tend to warp easier.  Has
 anyone had any experiences with these or could conjecture how well they
 would do in the long term? >>
Felix,
     I replaced the iron head on my 1976 MG-B with an alloy unit from Moss.It
accepted the new valves(the machine shop did the valve job) and springs just
fine.I bolted it on,torqued the head to 45 ft.lbs. and bolted on the intake
system..It worked as advertised..No worries yet, but i have run this car only
14,000 miles since the alloy head was installed.  It runs very cool, looks
great and is a good replacement for the iron head.
Yours, H4(Howard)