Re: Fan heat sensor problem

To: "Tom Emmons" <tom@emmons.com>, "'MGB'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fan heat sensor problem
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:20:12 -0800
Tom................there are two types of fan switches which fit in the top
of the late B radiators: the inexpensive ones, which last anywhere from two
weeks to two years (and they come from many sources, not just V-B), and the
expensive, OEM ones which seem to last forever.

The inexpensive ones can be recognised because the part where the wires plug
in is in the center of the switch. The OEM ones have the plug-in part offset
to one side. These cost close to $40 each but it's a one-time outlay. I
don't know if V-B has the OEM ones but I do know that you can get them from
Moss.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center