RE: More Moss .02

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More Moss .02
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:56:06 -0700
On the quality of parts issue, there has been no mention of the Roadster
Factory (TRF). I've always found them to more discriminating on parts
quality but as a result, the cost can be considerably higher.

Moss, on the other hand, seems have cheaper parts on a lot of items, the
quality may be cheap in some cases. But you can return the items if you are
not satisfied.

Victoria British seemed to specialize in cheap parts with no quality
guarantees. (at least that was my experience 8-9 years ago - I won't order
from them again).

Most customers want to buy cheap and as a result, they may get cheap. Moss
has to provide inexpensive parts to be competitive.

So it depends on what you are buying - for body parts, it is usually best
to pay for the extra quality. I bought a cheap aftermarket hood for example
and saved about $100 but the fit wasn't quite right. It was good for my
purposes but a bad choice if the car was for show.

David
71 BGT