Re: Time To Split This List?

To: "Steven R Schultz" <SSchultz@worldnet.att.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Time To Split This List?
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:20:43 -0500
>I don't know about you but I find the volume of messages on this
>list to be almost overwhelming.  If I am not able to log on for three
>or four days I know what is coming when I log on.

Use Filters.  Your email program (outlook express) supports them... and they
are easy to setup and clear up many of the problems associated with large
volumes of messages.

>Isn't it time to split the list?  I would suggest the list be split with
>TD's, TF's &  A's on a new list and B's on this list.  All of those who
>want The Full Monty could subscribe to both. What do you think?

Splitting of lists is a very bad idea.  It generally is the sign of the
beginning of the end of a good list.  And even if we did, it would make more
sense to group the MGA and MGB on the same list as many components
(specifically mechanical - engine) are similar.

For those that can't handle the volume of mail, I suggest implementing
filters to sort your mail into their appropriate directories and/or checking
your mail more often.

>Steve
>'61 MGA
>SSchultz@worldnet.att.net

chocks away,

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR6

On the Autojumble, British Cars, MG, MG V8, Shop-Owners, Triumph,
(TR)Six-Pack automobile lists...