Re: Squeking brakes

To: Lawrence Viljoen <LawrenceV@pin.co.za>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Squeking brakes
From: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:52:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi Lawrence,

The most likely cause of your brake squeal
is vibration between the pad backing plate and
the piston.  2 things can help you:

Put a bit of high temp disk brake antisqueal
compound (CRC - orange gook) on the back side
of the brake pad to 'glue' the pad to the caliper piston.  Dont go
crazy with the stuff, just a
couple of dabs.  The inner pad is the most likely
cuplrit.

I also like to replace the spring steel clips
that hold the pads in the caliper; they loose
their spring over time.

--Scott

---Lawrence Viljoen <LawrenceV@pin.co.za> wrote:

> After 15 min. or so the front brakes on my car start to squek
(heated up I
> guess), what is the most likely problem.
>
> Thanks
> Lawrence Viljoen 68 MGB Roadster

==
Scott Hower -> howersl@yahoo.com