....and now, the clutch/gear box!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ....and now, the clutch/gear box!
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 06:04:15 +0000
OK... so a drive through the hills lets me know that I haven't waved my
check book over the gearbox/clutch yet.

Nice, tight winding road... steep downhill, tight left hand curve...
spot the line and drop her into second to slow me into position to
accelerate through the apex.... pity the car decides that neutral is the
best way to sail through the curve and almost over the sixty foot drop
on the other side!

So what am I up for with gears that pop out of second under stress?

At first I thought it was MY error but after it happens twice more I
think that I have a problem.  This only occurs when under quite heavy
decelleration in second.

And the lists thoughts are?

Eric
MGB MkII