Kingpins

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kingpins
From: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:03:53 -0800
I thought I saw a posting about this subject recently but could find it
in my trash folder so here goes.

I've purchased a set of rebuilt stub axles from The Roadster Factory and
I have a question about reassembly.  Shouldn't the Distance Tube that
rides in the lower bushing and gets clamped between the two A-Arms be
slightly longer than the width of the Kingpin. So that the Distance Tube
is what gets clamped between the A-Arms not the Kingpin itself.  This
way the Kingpin is still free enough to pivot on that Distance Tube.  I
measured mine and they are within .002" of each other.  I would expect a
greater difference.