Re: Twin 6's vs 12v

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Twin 6's vs 12v
From: John Trindle <johnt@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:03:14 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Max Heim wrote:

> sure you also rig some kind of battery hold-down -- the stock kind
> probably will no longer fit, and you don't want the battery posts
> shorting to the metal cover when you go over a bump!

Easily solved. Most auto parts stores sell rubbery plastic clamp covers
for the battery clamps.  Get a red one and put it over your positive post
and clamp.

The type 26 battery wedges pretty well into my battery box.  Mine may be a
bit dented by years of 'possum strikes, though.  You'd have to get a
pretty serious bump to make that heavy battery hop up in the box.

That being said, I also used a hold-down.  Bungee cords will work until
you can figure out which nifty metal screw-down one will fit.

Put a plastic bin in the other battery hole and you have a nice obscure
place to keep a few things.  Makes it hard to fasten down the cover,
though.

--
John M. Trindle | johnt@tsquare.com    | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire H Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock