Re: MG's 4 Sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's 4 Sale
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:54:26 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> On the way back I stopped off at Nepean Classics. They have some nice
> MGs for sale if anyones interested - Just an FYI.
>
> Red Twin Cam A - $39990
> White BGT V8 Chrome Bumper - $31500
> Loads of B's up to $27000
> A few TD's and TF's from 20K to 30K.

Wow... to tell you the truth, Neill I have not seen any 'Bs for more
than $20,000 except for one that MG Sales in Adelaide had re-built from
the ground up (total restoration) that they put a $25,000 price tag on.

These must be very late models... what year are we talking about for
over $20,000?  $27,000 for a B (or even close) would make mine sound
like a wreck at $11,500- and despite my bitching, it ain't?  If I put
$5,000 into mine it would be beautiful leaving it well uner $20,000
worth.  But mine is a '68 - you would have to be looking at late
seventies I guess.

Sorry... but as I said, I haven't seen a B round these parts for that
price (I haven't looked, but...) except for a museum piece with only a
few miles on the clock for $35,000

Gee... did this mail make me sound a bit stunned?  I must go for a
country (Nepean) drive some time :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII