Re: SU's draw blood but I win; a couple questions

To: <dresden@tiac.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU's draw blood but I win; a couple questions
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:45:31 -0000
Early cars used carb-ported vacuum - the port is on the rear carb, typically
on top of the throat between the dashpot and the flange where it is bolted
to the manifold.  Later cars used manifold vacuum.  Just connect the vacuum
capsule on the distributor to whichever port you have.  All distributors
should be stamped or labelled with a serial number (in the range 40897 to
41695) as well as the type (25D4 for early, 45D4 later, 45DE4 or 45DM4
last).

Engines, carbs and distributors were specced in sets.  If you get a wrong
mix you could experience problems in performance or economy.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/