Re: Craftsmen or Metrinch

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@mail.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Craftsmen or Metrinch
From: Vallely <vallely@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:22:16 -0500
Enrique Claure wrote:

> Hi List, I am about to buy a tool set from either Craftsmen or Metrinch.
> Any comment on quality, fit, price? Enrique

Enrique
I've been buying Craftsman mechanic's hand tools for almost 30 years.
I've rarely had a problem with defects, or been dissatisfied with
quality or design. Any tools that wore out or broke in sometimes hard
use, I have returned, and gotten replacements for. I still have all the
Craftsman tools I've ever owned--or their free replacements. I'm fussy
about tools and never liked to use cheap, poor-quality tools.
I'm not as fond of Sears as I used to be because their service and
inventory have dereriorated, but I always buy their hand tools.
Never heard of Metrinch so can't comment. I will suggest, as unsolicited
$.02, that you never buy a cheap tool.
I'm not a professional mechanic, and have no connection with Sears.
Enjoy your new tools, whatever you get.
John Vallely
'59 mga roadster