Re: speaking of bumper stickers...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speaking of bumper stickers...
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:43:22 -0600
>... I didn't want a dumb looking sticker on my paint (22
>years old, faded very badly, but still doing its job), so I
>came up with a quick fix:  most art stores sell sheets
>of magnetic vinyl-simply attach the sticker-in-question
>to the sticky side of the vinyl, and there you go! ...

Great idea!

Another option is purchase one of those plates used to mount inspection
stickers on motorcycles.  I think they're about 3" x 5", and designed to
be mounted above the license plate.  These can be mounted from a bumper
or license bolt.

I first used one when in the military to avoid having to mount a post
registration sticker on the bumper; this was before they let you stick
them in the windshield.  Dan Ray can testify to the tenacity with which
these these things stick.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com