MGB exhaust pipe / muffler

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB exhaust pipe / muffler
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 20:08:09 -0700
At the present time I am running a straight exhaust on my 1967 MGB vintage
racer.  No muffler and the pipe exits just in front of the left rear wheel.

It's time to install a muffler, I'm not looking for a "street" quite
muffler, but one that will let me sneak around the block once in awhile and
still keep the neighbors at bay.  I'll also be installing a new tail pipe.
I plan to take it to a muffler shop here locally, one where the owner is a
race car owner [not vintage, Detroit stuff].

I am looking for any input from this list as to pipe diameter, length,
routing, etc.

TIA

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 Daily Driver ~ 1967 Vintage Racer ~ 1969 Undergoing V8 conversion
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/