RE:Norwegian GT owner / depressed GT owner

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Norwegian GT owner / depressed GT owner
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:41:51 +0200
Seized brakes:

NO problems, very dry wire, but when I got under the car, it was no problem
to free it. Lots of underseal on the mechanism at the rear axle also.
Cleaning and greasing is on the todo list.  The internal of the rear drums
look fine/new.

But, a LOT of oil under the car! I have just talked to the guy who fixed the
engine. He too had noticed some oil where my car had been standing, just
before I left. He thought he knew where the leak is, so I will return the
car to him. Also, I will change the rear whire wheels, and pay him to change
the rear hubs.

4 new tires needed, maybe this summer/ autumn

Looks like I need some extra tools. There is a marked, in Oslo ( Ekeberg )
in May. But I need some pliers, vice-grip, + + +, before that.

Tried to install radio blanking plate yesterday, also tried to loosen the
oil/temp. gauge. My fingers are too big! Oh well, guess I have to sacrifice
some blood too.
The outer rim, on the front lights. Is it only to hook them on at the top,
and press in at the bottom?

RGDS
jon Arikstad
1970 mgb gt