Re: Oil pressure sender

To: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil pressure sender
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:43:25 +0100
It could also be the wiring.

Briefly connect a ground to the green/blue at the gauge.  If the needle
starts moving smartly towards Full the gauge is OK.  Now do the same with
the same wire at the transmitter.  If you get the same result that part of
the wiring is OK.

The transmitter should have two wires - the blue/green to the gauge and a
black (ground).  Diagrams for some years show this as having its own
grounding point on the car, others show it sharing the grounding point with
the rear light clusters, reversing lights and fuel pump in the boot.  If you
can jumper a good ground to the base-plate of the trasmitter, or it you can
measure a switched 12v on the base-plate, then the ground is bad.  If
neither of these is the case then it looks like the transmitter is bad.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/