Re: Bad Compression & No Spark

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Compression & No Spark
From: "Derek" <v8man@dwatson.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 06:59:38 +0100
have you checked the valve clearances ie tappets? if they are out it does
affect compresion.

spark - can you measure volts actually on the points? incorrectly assembled
you can short out the supply,  quick test: ign. on open close points with
screw driver should get spark. if this is ok stuff the lead into the coil
and hold near ground point spark here indicates fault with cap/rotor
leads(cant be all leads !)

good luck!

Derek Watson
74 B V8 roadster