RE:70 B dash resto question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:70 B dash resto question
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:00:24 EST
The only thing I have on my 71 is vinyl glued to the metal between the dash
and windscreen. In fact it is trimed so that it does not show past the
windscreen seal. I always thought that was stock. Am I supposed to have
more???

Bob 71 mgb
PS Check out my first Web Page. Nice Yellow MGB (
http://members.aol.com./jstbob) I am trying to get the counter up!

OK, I'm stumped.  Nowhere can I find any information about the

upholstered portion between the dash and the windscreen.  The DPO cut a

piece of 1/4" plywood panel and covered it with vinyl.  I would never

have known had I not pulled it out to replace the vinyl and repaint the

demister vents.  The bugger fits perfectly.  What is the stock

configuration?  This is the last piece of the puzzle before I put the

windscreen and new dash back in the car and I want to do it right.

Also, has anybody found a suitable replacement for the brake check-light

switch?  Thanks for the help.

Lonn Howard<<<<