RE: Crack of Doom

To: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crack of Doom
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:09:37 -0700
When I did this repair I drilled a tension relief hole at the end of the
crack.  Then (I think) I drilled three holes on each side of the crack.  I
also "widened" the crack with a hack saw blade.  After all this I welded a
piece of sheet metal on the inside of the door, welding through the holes
and the saw cut.  I think the holes were about 1/4 inch.

That was some time ago and it has held up nicely.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 Daily Driver ~ 1967 Vintage Racer ~ 1969 Undergoing V8 conversion
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/