Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.

To: "'MG NUTS'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Bench bleeding" brake master cylinder.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:41:11 -0800
Somone else may have a more definitive explanation, but basically what it
means is that you:
1. route a hose (or hoses) from the output port (or ports) back into the
reservoir
2. fill the reservoir with brake fluid
3. pump the piston until you don't see any more bubbles
Basically you are bleeding the air out of the cylinder bore itself, as
you normally would do at each wheel. It is convenient to run the lines
back into the reservoir -- since it's all new fluid you don't want to
waste any!

Edwin Vaughan had this to say:

--

Max Heim