Re: Leak Thru Tappet Cover Bolt

To: Warren Pruitt <wpruitt@home.com>
Subject: Re: Leak Thru Tappet Cover Bolt
From: John Trindle <johnt@tsquare.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 06:02:08 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Warren Pruitt wrote:

> I have been fighting a nasty oil leak through the bolt on the rear tappet
> cover. Is there supposed to be some kind of seal there or what? Washers
> don't work. Thanks for the advice.

Yes indeed!

There should be a cup washer bearing down on a rubber seal.  I finally
have new, correct ones on my aluminum cover, after all these years.

I'm going to assume people are talking about Bs unless they say otherwise,
because that's what I know about.  So, it may be useful to include what
kind of car, in your message...

--
John M. Trindle | johnt@tsquare.com    | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire H Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock