Pinion Gear Oil seal leaks

To: mgsautoxteamnet <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pinion Gear Oil seal leaks
From: Chris and Jodi Barnhart <barnhart@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:14:49 -0800
Hi all,

Well, I got a weeks cruising in before the pinion gear oil seal began
slinging oil around the back end.  The seal looked pretty good but the
universal joint flange has a lot of wear where the seal seats. Anyone
have a good flange for a tube style differential laying about?
Apparently the parts houses don't stock these.

Also decided to replace the thrust washers while I am tearing into the
rear end.  Got everything apart today - not too bad a job, really.

Chris