ok, I *thought* I could drive it...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ok, I *thought* I could drive it...
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 16:44:59 +0000
Ugh.  Sunny day, 80 degrees, new brake lines...and a puddle of fresh
brake fluid under the right rear.  Doh!

Looks like the wheel cylinders are leaking - I'm in the process of
taking them apart and looking inside.  Everything seems OK - no gouges,
seals look OK.  The bit of rust that's in there I took out with metal
polish (same stuff you use to polish aluminum or other raw metals).
That seemed to work OK...seals look good and everything.  I dunno.

My hunch is this - in getting the drum back onto the wheel, I had to
force it a bot...perhaps I compressed the pistons and got the seals off
kilter a bit?

So I guess I'll just do the typical "take it out, take it apart,
reassemble, reinstall" MG-repair process and see if it works...good
thing I have another car, but it sure is frustrating to do a lot of
work, and have something else go bad in the process.

--
Karl Shultz
95 Integra GS-R, black, loud