Re: OEM hardtop?

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: OEM hardtop?
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 18:28:58 -0500

Larry Hoy wrote:

> One of the things I have heard is the side windows on the "works" hardtops
> have a bright aluminum trim.  The top/back side is not round, it almost has
> a spoiler look to it.
>
> If you have Clausager's book, check on page 111.
>
> PS You didn't buy it for $50, you stole it for $50.  : - )
>
> Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
> 1970 Daily Driver ~ 1967 Vintage Racer ~ 1969 Undergoing V8 conversion
> http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/

Well, Larry, it looks like the real thing.  I had what's-his-name's book and
turned right to page 111 and there it was.  I am less than impressed w/ the
aluminum storm window look but it will do fine.  I did get some info that the
MG Owners Club has a rubber kit for the top.  I'm afraid to ask the price but
if you gotta have it, you gotta have it.  Thanks for the information.

> Larry Dickstein

Lone Jack, MO