Re: WANTED:

To: Postmaster <elwell@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: WANTED:
From: Casey Clark <caseyc@sackheads.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:29:57 -0700
Jason,

> I am looking for a used trunk lid in good condition for a 76 MGB roadster.
> The one that i have has become creased from the prop rod =-(

My trunk was creased too.  Although I do not have one for sale you should
check the mg enthusiast web site classified adds.  You might be lucky.
Here is the URL:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/index.html

Also, to prevent the dreaded crease from showing up again here is a URL for
a guy that has put together a kit to change the prop to gas struts.  I have
ordered the kit but I have not installed it so I can't say how it works
(car not back from the body shop yet) but all of the parts are high quality.
His price is $60 for a two strut kit.  While this seems a little pricey, the
single gas strut for the trunk from Vicky Brit is $50.
The normal disclaimers apply here as always.  I don't know the guy, etc.

http://home.att.net/~eightup/index.html

-casey
79 B