Re: help requested with rewiring wiper circuit

To: "Ray Wygonik" <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help requested with rewiring wiper circuit
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:07:49 +0100
Green/pink is the accessories circuit and supplies 12v to the homing arc.

Of the other three wires two are the two speeds and the third is from the
homing contact and is connected to the slow-speed wire when the wiper switch
is off.  When the switch is on 12v is connected from the switch to the fast
or slow speed wire.

The motor speed *is* controlled by effectively moving one of the commutator
contacts from a position 180 degrees from the other contacts.  It is
possible to control speed by adding resistance, but the power dissipated in
it is huge and it is also difficult to select a value that will
simultaneously give a worthwhile reduction in speed on a wet screen and also
not cause the motor to stall and burn out on a dry screen.

You need a relay for each of the speed wires in between the switch and the
motor, but not the wire from the homing contact to the switch.

By now you may have realised that I cannot tell you which wire is which.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/