Re: OT Re: Officer Travis - 2

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: OT Re: Officer Travis - 2
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:07:44 -0400 (EDT)
Buffalo is getting rid of its K9 force because the mayor claims it costs
too much to keep them. The handlers are up in arms but as it turns out
they get overtime pay to watch the dogs at home. The city has offered to
sell them to the handlers but they want thousands for the dogs. If the
handlers can't afford them then they will auction them or put them (the
dogs) to sleep. Question why don't the handlers take care of the dogs
after work for free (since they claim to be so attached to them) or why
won't the city give them to the handlers for free if they can't auction
them off?
...Art