My humble opinion(long) on Bs, C, and TR6s

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My humble opinion(long) on Bs, C, and TR6s
From: "chief bootknocker" <mowog77@theglobe.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:39:01 -0800
Hello all,

This is just my opinion and hopefully the opening of a healthy debate.

I have a 77B that I picked up for a song and that thing runs unbeleivably!!
But, like most fanatics - one is not good enough. So I have been searching for
another and have test driven a couple notable cars and would like to chronicle
the experiences as well as elicit other views.

68MGC Roadster

This car is fully restored. The owner pulled everything out and then rebuilt it
and repainted it Brooklands green. He even repainted the motor and put the
correct repro stickers on. Only non-original modification was the addition of a
mild road cam.

This car went like the wind, sounded awesome, and looked great!! He wants $10K
for it, and may very well get - not from me, but he just may get it.

Only thing wrong with the car that had a major impact on me not even making an
offer - third gear synchro totally shot!

My opinion: This car would be a buy at $5-6K in a heartbeat.

76 TR6 NonO/D
I have always wanted a TR6 because the older kids on my street when i was a kid
had them. They looked and sounded cool!
I test drove one that had 60K on the odometer, not a spec of rust and was all
original.

The car looked excellent in Carmine red, started like it was new and went not
much faster than my B.
when it hit a bump in the road it rocked like a boat.
It cornered like an El Dorado and in my opinion deflated my bubble.

I had hoped it would be a faster car. It was only marginally faster and didn't
come close to my Bs handling capabilities.

My opinion: If you are like me (like the looks of a TR6 and want some speed)
save yourself some money and buy a B!! Bs outhandle the Tr6 and are probably
quicker off the line.

98 Corvette
Yeah, I had to throw this one in, I took one out for a drive - its a friends.
All I can say is, if you want to get laid a lot, go fast, get tickets and pay
high insurance - this is the car for you!

Best decription for the new vettes is a locomotive with a rocket engine.
this car has six gears and I only got into third when I hit 80mph!!!

My opinion: I want one.

Conclusion: I love my 77 MGB!!!!

Erik.

"Free web-based email available now at http://www.theglobe.com";