Re: Weber Carb Help in Philly Area

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>, "John Cunnane" <jcunnane@home.com>
Subject: Re: Weber Carb Help in Philly Area
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:03:36 -0400
>Try British Miles they are around Philly at 215-736-9300
>or 1-800WE FIX MG         Carl E.

Umm.... no.  I have absolutely no doubt that British Miles' mechanic, Max
Fulton, is top notch (he had his own shop in Boston until last year).  He is
a great guy.  It's other aspects of dealing with that business that will
cause you 'problems' however if you wish to, they're located in Morrisville.

There are, I guess I should say, *better* firms to deal with in the
Philadelphia area.

1.    The Roadster Works.  This is where my TR6 is taken for anything I
can't fix, and where it is currently (should be picking it up today or
tomorrow).  Very reasonable labour rate, and Rich is highly knowledgeable
and friendly.  215.355.0833, the shop phone .... will probably get a machine
(one man shop).  The Roadster Works is located in Trevose, PA (not far from
the Neshaminy mall).

2.    Power British.   Can't vouch for their service, but Brian (an employee
or owner?) is on the Triumph List and owns a few TRs and contributes quite a
bit of technical information.  http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars , all
contact information should be on the site.  Located in Norristown.

3.    DSA Auto Services.  Their body repair man can't be beat, Albert is
fabulous; I've known Albert for a while from his last place of employment -
before he joined this venture.  I can't say anything about their mechanical
repairs.   215.547.8779, they're located in Levittown area north of Phila.

There are numerous other firms in Philadephia that specialize in British
Cars.  Clarke Spares in Doylestown, British Auto Restorations somewhere in
Philly (also has a place in Doylestown), Ragtops and Roadsters in Perkasie,
Good Parts near Reading... etc.

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR6