FW: Tire suggestions

To: "Bruce Kelley" <bkelley@pasen.gov>
Subject: FW: Tire suggestions
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:22:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dutt [mailto:jason@markerman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 12:21 PM
To: Kelley, Bruce
Subject: RE: Tire suggestions

This is really a matter of opinion, and consequently you'll get a lot of
different responses on this.  I've recently gone with a set of Bridgestone
Insignia P175/65/R14.  I love them.  Their not overly low profile, so you
don't feel every single pebble in the road, but they are extremely grippy,
while still allowing plenty of warning before you go spinning (not that I've
done that. <g>).

The only cautions I would give are not to get a tire that is TOO high
performance.  First, it's a waste of money, second, it can not only provide
for an uncomfortable ride, but also can be very dangerous.  Newer
performance cars are designed not to have any push in the corners.  MGs
don't work that way, and you'll end up kissing a guardrail with no warning
if you're not careful.  At least that's what I've been told by fellow MGers.

Best Regards,

=J=