Cars with the Shakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars with the Shakes
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:48:54 +1000
Hay guys,

     I had a friend with a brand new car, that would shake at about 70 to
80 KPH, then clear up,  the dealer replaced everything from the gearbox to
the back axle, over 12 months, nothing seemed to fix it.  at this point he
needed new tyres, problem solved.  On of the tyres was just slightly oval
shaped and managed to create a shake that wasnt noticable at lower speeds,
set up a harmonic between 70 and 80  and then evened out.

Worth a check.

Neil
Melbourne Australia
65 MGB

P.S. I hope Neil in Sydney had his roof up wednesday night......