MGB Wheels

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Wheels
From: Gene Fox <genefox@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:04:40 -0400
I have been researching wheels for my 80 B and have had correspondence
with the folks at TWS.  They are currently making the Stealth,
Hockenheim, and Oasis wheels for MG's through the MG owners club of
Britain.
Here is the technical data they supplied to me.
The widest wheel you can safely put under an MG is  14 or 15 by 6
without making any modification to the fenders.
The correct offset is ET 20 mm.  The PCD is 4 lug on 114.3 pitch.  The
thread type for the nuts is 1/2" UNF.
Be careful of the center caps for the wheels you buy.  TWS had to bore
out there wheel centers because the Rubber Bumper B have larger center
caps (grease caps).
On racing MG's with fender extensions they have fitted 7.5 by 16 with ET
10 mm.
The wider the rim width the more offset is required to move the back rim
of the wheel away from the shock absorbers.  The front units are damper
arms and not like the traditional suspension legs used on the majority
of cars today, so they give problems with clearance as well.
You can run up to ET 16mm with 6" width wheels without body
modification.

This information was supplied to me by Duncan Hadley
duncan@yuokohama.   Hope this helps.