Re: MGB Rod bolt torque specs

To: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Rod bolt torque specs
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:06:30 -0400 (EDT)
I wouldn't be to concerned, 35 to 40 is only 5 ft lbs and the bolts are
strong enough that they won't snap. I'd go with something around 35. I've
noticed often times that torque settings are given however under repair
conditions its impossible to get a torque wrench on the bolt. It is nice
in theory to torque everything to specs but in reality it doesn't happen.
...Art