Re: Back to the Intake Backfiring - #$%#$%ing car

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: Back to the Intake Backfiring - #$%#$%ing car
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:42:17 -0700
Hi all,

I tried splitfires once in my '67B and the car suddenly barely ran.  The plug
ads claim that there is more spark from more sparking area on the plug.  But
electricity follows the path of least resistance--the spark will only jump from
one point.  So, as far as I can tell, the split in the plug just makes it
impossible to gap the thing correctly since it's impossible to tell where the
spark will start.

Any of you engineers out there care to correct my uninformed assumptions? ;-)

Denise Thorpe