Re: Let me ask this another way...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Let me ask this another way...
From: Vallely <vallely@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:16:04 -0400
Mr. Howard;
Being the fourth generation in my lineage to hold the title of Chief of
Restorations at the Royal Historical Motorcar Museum Restorations
Facility at Ribbit-on-Stoke, and having personally overseen the complete
rebuilding of over 12 thousand of MG's, I feel somewhat confident in
opining that, while most wheel wells of the machine in question were
indeed body-colour, some were, in point of fact, a pale metal-flake
pinkish-tan, rather a flesh-tone--Metalic Moist Bodycavity, Ditzler code
4000099, to be specific.
To determine which, simply dismantle the gearbox, and examine the number
stamped on the aft end of the third motion shaft. An odd number suggests
it was probably body colour, though this is an imprecise method.
Best Wishes.
Archibald Smitherswight
;)