Re: Instruments, metal dash

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Instruments, metal dash
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:46:42 -0700
Word on the street is that Ross MacPherson said:
> I have pulled the old dash out of the GT and am about to disassemble and
> clean up the instruments before installing them in my (BEAUTIFUL) refinished
> dash.  I have a few questions for whoever it was (Skye?) that reported
> improved lighting by painting the inside of the guages.  What type of finish
> did you use? How much of the interior did you paint?

Yup that was me.  I painted the entire inside of the case high gloss white
tremclad... to regain the blue tint, I am going to pick up some stained
glass paint and dab a little on the instrument bulbs themselves.  The
difference is remarkable (I haven't done the speedo yet so I have a side
by side comparison).

> Another question:  What is the original finish on the demister vens on the
> dash top? Clausager says nothing and the photos don't really show.  I
> suspect black crinkle paint, correct?

I think mine are flat black, no crinkle, but I could be wrong.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375