RE: under power (Normal or not?) Part 2

To: Mikecquinn@aol.com
Subject: RE: under power (Normal or not?) Part 2
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:00:12 -0700
Mike:

        What year B?  The cam in the 18V (72-) motor was retarded to give
better low end torque at the expense of high end power.  This was to give
the car better round town drivability with the added load of the smog
equipment.  At least that is one explanation I have heard from factory
sages.  The upper power band can be regained cheaply by fitting an offset
key on the cam gear.

Kelvin.