Re: MGB Parts

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Parts
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:39:19 EDT
Over 30 years and a couple of mg's I've ordered parts from most major
suppliers.  Sometimes some of them have sales and some like proper mg sell
for less.  Some like motorhead have used parts they will pull if you ask.

What I've concluded is no one supplier is going to be consistantly
satisfactory.  They will all screw up or delay shipping or send wrong part or
charge too much from time to time.

One other thing I've learned is that the distr's like VB offer a 35% or so
trade discount to garages.  If you'r ordering lots of $$$ worth of parts, get
your shop to order, using your credit card, and ship to your name to the shop
address.  Or maybe they have cataloges printed with various prices for the
same parts and send the high dollar catalog to chumps like me.

But, my mg is a regular driver and all things being equal, it costs less to
maintain than our other cars.

Mel Frank
71MGB GT, also volvo, saturn, cherokee, cadillac