Re: 67BGT - sold

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 67BGT - sold
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:39:09 -0600
Denise,

This makes much more sense. It was just hard to believe that someone would
have an understanding wife that knew enough about LBCs to compare them to a
Star Trek episode, The Cage no less (or the Menagerie episode if you prefer
the modified version).

The shock of my interpretation of the time prodded me into what I thought
was an appropriate and necessary reply. Looking back at the original
message, he was talking about his wife trying to fit in the seat and then
in the next paragraph, he mentioned "Denise" which I took to be the wife
previously mentioned. Oops.

I should also mention that I haven't as of yet damaged any bakeware in the
garage. But the thought has crossed my mind, recently no less. Is this one
of those things like the time when Spock said that if he dropped a hammer
(or something else) in a postive gravity field, he wouldn't have to see it
hit the ground to know that it did?

David
67 BGT
71 BGT
(trying to figure out how to add a convertible to the fleet)

At 12:04 PM 4/24/99 -0700, xyzabcde@earthlink.net wrote:
>David,
>
>The Denise Lonn quoted is me (I?)--not his wife.  That was from a message
I sent
>him behind the scenes in answer to his question about the color of wheel
wells.
>I hope his wife isn't offended... ;-)
>
>I don't need no stinkin' husband--I have enough cars of my own to work on.
 And
>I'm perfectly capable of damaging my own bakeware by pressing it into
service in
>the garage.  Isn't that all husbands do?
>
>All of the Star Treks past and present contain examples of every point I ever
>need to make.  And it's much better than using the Bible because more people
>know what I'm talking about.  Ooh, am I going to get in trouble like John
Lennon