Key Dilemma partly solved...good MG morning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Key Dilemma partly solved...good MG morning
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:46:40 GMT
Those of you who remember my key dilemma:

Today while cleaning the crap out from under the passenger seat, what
should slide out into my greedy fingers but a key...a British Leyland key,
not seen by me before. Stuck it in the ignition lock (which I almost
removed yesterday, thinking it must be seized!), and it turned smooth as
silk. $100 saved is $100 earned, thanks to whoever dropped a key and never
found it. Then cleaning the trunk I found the headlight switch, which I've
also never seen before, and that works too! All the lights work too, by the
way, after sitting for more than a decade. Of course, they're Lucas, right?

Boy, what should I spend all that saved money on...

I've done as thorough a system test as I can think to do without running
the engine (no carbs or manifolds on there yet), and everything works right
now except the blower motor and the stop lamps.

I still haven't found the stop lamp switch, but I got a lot more surface
rust off the car and onto the floor today, as well as opening up the bottom
parts of the front quarter panels, and glad to see that the inner panels
had only the slightest hint of the dread creeping crud. I think this will
be a solid driver for a few years before needing more bodywork, after this
round is done.

Wishing all as good a day,

Nevin
'78 B