TD looses power at speed

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD looses power at speed
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:26:37 EDT
When I hit the highway the TD can accelerate to 55 mph all right, but the car
gradually looses power and can't sustain that speed. If I slow down for a
while, the power seems to come back. I'm thinking the fuel delivery may not
be keeping up with the demand from the carb. Does anyone know of a good way
to check this, or some other problem that may cause this symptom ? The car
has a new fuel pump and the filter is clean.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336