Triumph vs. MG rally

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph vs. MG rally
From: Mason <mason@ivy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:34:32 -0400
I, like Larry went to the rally last sunday.  It was some of the most
fun me and my friend matt had ever had.  i got a mild sunburn, and a
mild carburator problem.

Unfortunately, we came in dead last, with 3 answers, only 1 short of the
coveted second-to-last spot.  The thing that hurt us the most was when
the rallymaster handed us the directions, he left out the sheet that
explained the abbreviations on the directions.  We quickly figured out
"W" "rt" and "lt" but beyond that, we were lost.  at one point during
the rally, we shouted "What does SAP mean?" (straight as possible) to a
lovely young copilot in a TR-6 (don't forget, we are an 18 and 17 year
old...even rallys are dating pools ;)

Overall, the time was great, and the location was beautiful.  I was
suprised that i was the only person there who had a daily driver.  I was
also suprised at the appearance of my fellow drivers.  They all seemed
to be at most 2 years older than me, even if they were actually 30 or
more years older.  The magic of the LBC i suppose.  One bad part about
the rally, other than the fact we were hopelessly lost the whole time is
my copilot picked up a love for the triumphs....the opposite result i
was hoping for.  i suppose it was just the girl in the TR-6 though.....

I can't wait for the next rally!! send me any info on any of them in the
Southeastern PA, North Maryland, NJ area.  they're a lot of fun.

--Mason Apostol

1978 MG B