The Im-Proper MG Part II

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Im-Proper MG Part II
From: john fagerlund <johnf@ihot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:11:19 -0700
A couple months ago I ordered a front end rebuild kit from The Proper MG.
I was not happy with the quality of the swivel axles they sent me.  So,
after sending them back and not hearing from them after several emails and
phone calls, I asked for a refund.

I have not received a refund yet.  I called early last week, and they said
they received the returned items on the 12th of Apr and my refund would
show up Friday, 23 Apr.  This is Thursday the 29th, over a week and a half
since I spoke with them, and my VISA still has not been credited the
$450.00 yet.

I like to do business with people who are honest and stand behind their
product.  The Proper MG is not and does not!!!  I can not recommend that
anyone does business with them.  They are arrogant, argumentative and now,
holding my $450.00.  Besides that, they sell poor quality swivel axles.
The axles are not magnafluxed or even cleaned properly to make sure there
are no cracks before they are rebuilt.  I want to put those on my car, I
don't think so.

Very, very unhappy with The Proper MG.  How do they stay in business.  They
have lost all of mine and I know I'm not the first one.

What I am happy with, are the swivel axles I purchased through Ed at Just
Brits.  They were cleaned, magnafluxed and properly inspected prior to the
excellent rebuild job.  Thanks Ed.

Caveat Emptor,

John Fagerlund

'65 MGB in restoration